Pool Time

Pool Time

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 7 - 1/7/09

Weigh-in: 200.0

I'm at least back down to my Sunday morning weight.  Maybe I can ditch a little more this week.

Watched the new season of The Biggest Loser last night.  They've been advertising this as the heaviest season yet, and it certainly seems to be.  They have the heaviest woman they've ever had on the show, at almost 380 lbs, and the heaviest man they've ever had, at 450 lbs.  I must admit that, watching this show, my own struggle with weight seems, well, puny in comparison.  I'm 5'7", which is probably several inches taller than most of the women they have had on the show, and my heaviest weight was about 220, which is equal to or lighter than the women they have had.  So really, I have less to lose than they do.  However, my husband and I also realized that in a way we have a harder row to hoe than the contestants on The Biggest Loser because we're already sort of active.  These people on the show have not exercised in years and eat thousands of calories each day.  We, on the other hand, exercise at least occasionally, including walking the dog several times each day, and we eat less than 3000 calories (I hope, although I haven't kept a tally).  So we're unlikely to have the super huge losses that the show's contestants see on a weekly basis.  Oh, what must it be like to lose 20 lbs in a week?  I'd love to know.  As long as it doesn't involve some kind of terrible illness or the amputation of a limb.

No comments:

Post a Comment