Pool Time

Pool Time

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day 17 - 1/17/09

Weigh-in: 199.0

My total weight loss since I started weighing daily on January 4 is...one whole pound.  Yippee.  At this rate, by the time the middle of March rolls around and I have to spend four days in a row paddling, I'll weigh...195 lbs.  That's still ten whole pounds beyond the maximum recommended weight for my kayak.  I learned the hard way when I was even heavier than this that when I was overweight and coupled it with all the cold weather gear one must wear for winter paddling, I did not have fun.  Instead, I felt claustrophobic and smothered.  I HAVE to do better than this.  I can still save this attempt; I can still decrease my calorie intake and increase my daily calories burned.  I'd really love to be at 185 or lower by then.

But I have a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment