Pool Time

Pool Time

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 6 - 1/6/09

Weigh-in: 200.2

Well, that's at least .2 lbs better than yesterday.  However, it could and SHOULD be better.  I didn't do the gym yesterday afternoon, claiming to myself and anyone who would listen how terribly crowded the gym is on Monday afternoons and how much I HATE waiting for machines.  Right.  I should have just sucked it up and worked out.  So only one workout yesterday instead of two.  I WILL do two today.  I brought my swimming stuff this time, so if the gym is too crowded I'll just go hit the pool (and dodge the water aerobics ladies).  I have got to get this two-a-day stuff going, or I'll never lose enough weight to be comfortable kayaking in March, let alone be ready to gain it all back being pregnant.

On the exercise front, some interesting information.  While looking up information about prenatal exercises, I came across Kegel muscle exercises.  The Kegel muscles are the muscles that create the bottom, or floor, of the pelvic area.  These are the muscles that will essentially hold the baby in.  The article said to "find" your Kegel muscles you should try to stop peeing mid-stream.  Those muscles that clench off the flow are the Kegels.  To exercise these muscles, one should basically clench and release them over and over.  Sounds pretty basic to me.  But the article then went on to say that there were "exercisers" one could purchase to help with the Kegels.  They have barbells, springs, and rubber balls.  Apparently, you insert them and SQUEEZE.  The springs and balls are supposed to be good because you can tell how much pressure you are exerting.  The barbells can also (according to the article) be used as dildos.  Wow.  That was soooooo much more than I thought I was going to learn about Kegels.  I think I'll just sit and squeeze by myself, thank you very much.  Ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment