Pool Time

Pool Time

Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 5 - 1/5/09

Today was the day I started on the weight loss campaign.  The alarm went off at four, and I walked the dog, got dressed, and drove to the gym.  Yuck.  But before that, I weighed in.  200.4.  .4 lbs heavier than yesterday.  Bummer.  

In the mornings I'm going for a mix of exercises, but most of them are machine-oriented.  I worked my back, sides, and abs using various implements, I lifted weights using my lower body on some of the weight machines, and then I "gerbiled" on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes.  All told, it was a 60-minute workout.  This leaves the afternoons for lifting upper body and for less structured endeavors, like swimming or playing racquetball.  I need to make sure I don't just stick to the machines, since they train muscles in a limited range of motion.  

I haven't looked much into exercising during pregnancy, but I'm sure there has to be a lot of information out there.  I know the basics--don't do anything high-impact, don't do anything that will cause overheating, don't do anything that will squoosh the tummy too much.  I know several people who swam a lot while they were pregnant, which is fine for me--I like swimming, and I swam competitively in high school.  But I don't want to get bored, and I don't want to gain more weight than is necessary, especially if I'm going to go through all the trouble of losing it in the first place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment