Pool Time

Pool Time

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 21 - 1/21/09

Weigh-in: 201.0

Well, at least it's .4 down from yesterday.

And I was right about the blood pressure.  I took my bp this morning, and it was 139/95.  The first number, the systolic pressure, measures the maximum pressure in the veins when the blood surges from being pumped out of the heart.  The second number, the diastolic, measures the minimum pressure in between pulses.  The upper edge of an "average" healthy blood pressure should be 120/80.  An increase of 20 points on the first number or 10 points on the second number is an unhealthy development.  I have both.  

First of all, I definitely need to make sure I'm exercising.  That's the number one way to reduce blood pressure.  (Makes you lose weight, which also reduces blood pressure.)  Then, I need to cut back on sodium and caffeine.  That's where the potassium will need to come in.  I need to get myself some bananas.  

At this rate, it's gonna take FOREVER before I lose weight.  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment