Pool Time

Pool Time

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 20 - 1/20/09

Weigh-in: 201.4

OK, I didn't eat that badly yesterday.  I have to assume that blood pressure has something to do with this.  Between blood pressure and period, I am certainly retaining water.  When blood pressure rises, fluid is forces through the walls of small vessels and capillaries into the surrounding tissues.  That's water retention.  Getting blood pressure down requires several things.  Two suggestions are to reduce the amount of sodium ingested and increase the amount of potassium.  Some of the foods that are high in potassium include raisins, baked potatoes, dried fruit, wheat, bran, and bananas.  What's funny is, many of the foods on the high potassium list are starchy foods, which I'm supposed to avoid because of the carbs.  I just can't win.

I will take my blood pressure tonight before bed.  I'm curious what it looks like, unmedicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment