Pool Time

Pool Time

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 10 - 1/10/09

Weigh-in: 199.6

I was curious, in all my exercise endeavors, to know what I can and cannot do once I become pregnant.  I already mentioned things they do recommend (and things they don't), but then it hit me: what about your abs?  I mean, those are some of the most important muscles, pregnancy-wise.  That's what you'll push with, right?  So, how do you exercise your abs without accidentally pushing too hard?

I found three exercises.  The first is simply to sit on the floor with your back against the wall, cross-legged.  Using your abs, pull your stomach in towards the wall.  Hold it for a few seconds, then release and keep breathing.  The second is to rest on your hands and knees, keeping your back flat.  Using your abs, pull your stomach up towards your back.  Hold for a few seconds, then release and breathe.  The final exercise is a mini crunch.  Sit on the floor with your knees bent in front of you and your feet flat.  Then lean back at an incline, onto perhaps some pillows or something.  Using your abs, lift your upper body off the pillows, hold for a few seconds, and lower yourself back down.  Full sit-ups (all the way up to your knees) are not recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment