Pool Time

Pool Time

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

So much reading material

I didn't weigh myself this morning, but yesterday I was 206.6. I really haven't gained any weight at all. As a matter of fact, the only day I really weighed heavier was the day I went in for my first prenatal exam, last Friday.

It was a long appointment, especially when you consider that I never even got to see the doctor. This first appointment was to talk over the financial options for paying for all this, the classes the birth center offers, and my health background. As a matter of fact, they only did a few "medical" things to me: took blood and urine (I had no problem with the urine, as I seem to have a surplus), and tried to hear a fetal heartbeat. Unfortunately, we couldn't hear anything; the nurse said it was unlikely we would, since it was so early in the pregnancy. I figure my weight didn't necessarily help either, since that meant there was an extra layer of fat to try and listen through. She said we'd be able to hear something the next time. I was disappointed there wasn't more to the appointment. The nurse gave me a bunch of literature to read.

I am collecting books at this point. We already had two about pregnancy (plus one about the first year of life), and I haven't even finished one of them yet. There's just so much to know! How did people ever have babies when there wasn't all this literature to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment