Pool Time

Pool Time

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I'm not the only one.

Today's weigh-in: 205.6

I know that's somewhat moot, but I am finding it interesting that I have not gained any weight yet. I haven't been eating as much as I probably should. I've read that a pregnant woman should add 300-400 calories to her diet. I'm surely not there, and so those extra calories may be coming from my admittedly ample supply of fat, so I'm losing a bit of weight. I've got an appointment with an OB/GYN next Friday, and I'll be sure to ask her what I need to do as far as diet is concerned. I know I will need to gain some weight, but perhaps this losing thing isn't all bad. I just don't know.

We haven't told anyone in the family yet, and I'm wondering how long we'll be able to maintain that. My concern is that, if we let everyone know early in the pregnancy and then something goes wrong, it will be that much more painful and awkward letting everyone know. I'd really like to wait until I'm about halfway along, which would be the end of May. I will probably be showing before then, and since my in-laws live only five hours away and we see them fairly often, we may not be able to keep it a secret for very long. I do feel a little guilty, because my brother just shipped out to Afghanistan until January, and my dad is leaving for Djibouti Africa until December. I feel like I should let them know sooner, since they won't be around for the adventure. But if I tell them, I need to tell everyone else.

I did read in the news today that I will be sharing this adventure with someone from my childhood. Danica McKellar, math goddess and everyone's darling Winnie Cooper from The Wonder Years, just announced that she too is pregnant. She and I are about the same age (I'm three months older), so we're both in the same risk category. It will be interesting to hear her perceptions as we both progress along...

No comments:

Post a Comment