Pool Time

Pool Time

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day 113 - 4/23/09

Weigh-in: 194.2

This ties my lowest weight to date (man, that's sad). It was a little gratifying yesterday to go to the doctor and at least find out that, even clothed, I was four pounds lighter than the last time I'd been there, back in November. But that's pretty mortifying too. Four pounds in five months. That means I'll be my target weight in only...5 years! Ouch.

Anyway, not much to report on the pregnancy scene. We are still in a holding pattern, based on finances and location. However, my hubby has gotten a few nibbles in the job market, and will be scheduling some phone interviews. So far, none of them are in the location we most want to move to (Boise, ID), but they aren't bad, and they've gotta be better than the dirty South.

Did read one thing that surprised me: studies have shown that women who use a hot tub or jacuzzi while pregnant are as much as twice as likely to have a miscarriage than women who do not use a hot tub. That's BIG. While I am not a huge hot tubber, I have been known to sit in them occasionally. Apparently the heat affects fast-growing cells and can damage the development of the fetus. Guess that means avoiding a really hot bath, too. I can't imagine a short shower would cause any harm. But I'm sure a lot of pregnant women have looked to a hot tub for some back relief. Scary. I guess they do usually post warnings, though. But still.

Been sick this week--bronchitis--so I haven't worked out much. Hopefully next week will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment