Pool Time

Pool Time

Friday, April 10, 2009

Day 100 - 4/10/09

I didn't realize until I typed in the title of today's post that today was Day 100. I had hoped that my weigh-in this morning would be something fantastic, something in the 175 lbs range, since I've been trying to lose weight for more than three months.

So this is a bit of a disappointment.

Weigh-in: 196.4

Eh. At least I've been getting 30 minutes of cardio several times each week. I've been working out with some fellow teachers during our planning period, and we've been doing some of those walking workouts. They've actually been a lot of fun, and it's been nice to share my workout with some people without having an actual trainer yelling at us. Sort of fun. I don't see anything with the weight loss yet, but it feels good to do it each time.

On to the info. I posted last time about the possible dangers of too much folic acid. I got this info in an e-mail that was sent out from my fitness club. Here's what they said about vitamin B (which includes folate/folic acid).

Regular exercise can increase your need for many nutrients. Because of your commitment to your exercise routine, eating foods high in Vitamin B may have a positive effect on your well-being and your workout.
Healthy Lifestyle Tip: Benefits of B
There's a new kind of comfort food in town. To feel better, eat plenty of foods rich in B vitamins. Along with reversing moodiness, irritability, impatience, tension, anger, and depression, B vitamins may increase energy and promote a sense of well-being. Stock up on some of the best food sources of B:
For B1 (thiamin): wheat germ, peas, long-grain brown rice, lentils, and whole-wheat bread
For B2 (riboflavin): fortified cereals, milk, almonds, and broccoli
For B3 (niacin): tuna, chicken, salmon, and fortified cereals
For B5 (pantothenic acid): yogurt, avocados, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, and chicken
For B6: fortified cereals, bananas, salmon, and spinach
For B12: chicken, turkey, milk, and eggs
For folate: fortified cereals, lentils, garbanzo beans, orange juice
Source: webmd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment