Pool Time

Pool Time

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day 104 - 4/14/09

Today's Weigh-in: 198.2

I think; honestly, it was so long ago this morning I hardly remember. But that sounds right.

Started my rededication today. Since it's been 100 days with no progress, I'm basically finding myself starting over. So this morning I did it right: weights at the gym for an hour before work, and a 30-minute cardio workout during my planning period. Now it's back to the gym for more cardio. Wonder if I can keep this up?

I had an interesting discussion with my husband. We were joking about the potential gender of our potential children (no, still not working at the whole preggers thing; still just trying to lose the weight), and I commented that it was all up to my husband. "No," he said, "Women can influence the gender of the baby." I was unbelieving, but he said, "Look it up. It's all about eating cereal."

And gosh darned if he wasn't right. Well, it isn't ALL about cereal. But I've found numerous articles online that suggest that women who eat diets that are high in potassium, and women who eat higher calorie diets in general, are more likely to have boys than girls.

Sweet. So, I shouldn't be avoiding calories at all then--I should go on the Twinkie diet!

Not really, but I would like to have a boy at some point. I'm not good with the girly stuff. I have two nieces who are all about the pink and purple and sparkles. No thanks. Not that I don't love my nieces, but I wouldn't want to have to braid hair every day. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment