Pool Time

Pool Time

Monday, January 10, 2011

Starting my weight loss journey

I was supposed to be starting my weight loss journey with a "Biggest Loser" style competition on a moms' forum that I use, but I haven't been able to log in yet. If the administrator doesn't get me set up today, it'll save me the $5 participation fee, but I'll lose some of the motivation of everyone else on the forum knowing what a fatass I am. You win some, you lose some, I suppose.

Anyway, since I had waited (weighted?) for today, I guess I need to start out with my weigh-in...

218.6

The irony is that this weigh-in is almost exactly the same as my weigh-in just over five years ago, when my husband and I made a decision to start losing weight. That was November 1, 2005. By July of 2006, I was down to 175 lbs, 25 lbs from my goal weight of 150. And then, the wheels fell off, so to speak. I got bored, I got lazy, and I gained it all back.

So now I'm trying to lose it all again. But I need to find exercises I can do at home, since I don't have a gym membership anymore, and exercises I can do in a short period of time, since I have the baby with me all day long. I can't do those three-hour workouts that I used to do.

I suspect this is going to take a lot longer than it did the last time. I just hope it also lasts longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment