Pool Time

Pool Time

Monday, January 17, 2011

Bigfoot sighting and other large hairy mammals

I've been in a suck-ass, bitchy mood lately. Pretty much every time I put on a different pair of footwear, I get mad all over again because my feet are bigger now than they were before I got pregnant. There's no telling how many pairs of my shoes I'll have to replace, to say nothing of my ski boots and snowboard boots. It's very frustrating, to say nothing of an expense we really can't afford. Definitely sucks.

Then, I've also gotten tired of being fat. I've lost over 20 lbs from my highest pregnancy weight, but I'm sitting at close to my heaviest non-pregnancy weight. My body has also just plain changed shape thanks to the pregnancy, so every time I dress up in anything other than t-shirts and track pants I find items of clothing that don't fit. I've got to do something, but I can hardly find time during the day to get a shower OR do some laundry OR change out the dishes in the dishwasher. I have no idea how to work in a workout (haha).

Today the best I could do, with a cranky baby monopolizing my time, was march in place and around the house as I did some chores (made a bed and put away some laundry). I did it for at least 15 minutes, so maybe I got my heart rate up a little. But that's a pretty feeble effort, and I'm pretty sure it won't get me much weight loss. All I can really commit to at this point is to try to get 15 minutes three times this week (MWF). If I can make that, then maybe I can start working on a way to get more than that in somewhere. It's not much of a start, for sure, but at least it is a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment