Pool Time

Pool Time

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Rollin' with the homies

Just hours after I was bemoaning Brendan's lack of developmental milestones, he rolled over. Three times in a row. My husband had put him on the floor for some tummy time, and Brendan was pretty unhappy. He just leaned his head to one side and straightened his arm out, and suddenly he was on his back. Ross flipped him back over, and he immediately did it again, and then a third time. Unfortunately, he hasn't done it at all today, yet. I'm hoping maybe he'll do it again tonight.

I need to start determining a daily schedule of feedings and naps. Brendan often doesn't sleep for more than an hour during the day. That usually means he's crabby by the end of the day. I got him to sleep for about 45 minutes earlier today, and now he's sort of half-napping on my shoulder. Maybe I'll be able to get him down for a while longer; I need to work on the bumper pad for his crib. It's missing some ties, and since he's on the verge of being unswaddled at night in his crib, I need to get the bumper better attached so he can't pull it loose. If I can start getting him a little better scheduled, I can get more housekeeping tasks done. I'm lucky to get a load of laundry done, or maybe the dishwasher unloaded, or dinner made. I need to figure out how all those generations of housewives did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment