Pool Time

Pool Time

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Feeling...lonely...

I'm in the midst of my 32nd week of pregnancy. Hard to believe that I only have 7 1/2 weeks to go until my due day.

I'm measuring big, which has been going on for weeks now, but I measure BIGGER each time. When I was 28 weeks, I measured 30. When I was 30 weeks, I measured 34. At 32 weeks, I measured 40! Between my last visit and the one this past Monday, I gained 7 lbs. That's definitely not good. One of the signs of pre-eclampsia is sudden weight gain, and I'm at risk of pre-eclampsia because of my hypertension. So I'm a bit concerned. I need to be careful, and make sure that my blood pressure is staying under control and that I'm taking in enough fluids. I've noticed the last couple of days I've had a little bit of a headache off and on, hardly enough to pay attention to, but it can also be a sign of possible pre-eclampsia. So hopefully everything continues to go well, but I need to step up my game and be really aware of my blood pressure and how I'm feeling. I'm starting to document my blood pressure each day, and if it reaches 150/100 (which I haven't been particularly close to) I need to go in and get re-evaluated.

With that being said, I feel like I'm in a bit of a precarious position this week. I am by myself, because my husband got sent out of town for the week for work. My in-laws, who live five hours south of here, are also out of town until this weekend. We really haven't met a lot of people in the year that we've lived here. So it occurred to me that if something were to happen to me, something that medically required me to be hospitalized, I wouldn't have anyone here with me. Oh sure, I could call my dad, and I'm sure he'd be here as quickly as he could, but he certainly couldn't be here within the same day, to check up on me or take care of the dogs (since we've got our dog and are also watching our in-laws' dog for the week). I could probably prevail upon my next-door-neighbors to check on the dog and walk him, but we don't know them very well (as a matter of fact, I'm not entirely sure what their names are). We've got two families that we did a Bible study with during the spring, and I'm pretty sure I could call them, but again, we don't really know them very well. I've got an acquaintance from college who lives in Billings with his family, and I think in a pinch I could contact him. But we don't have any relatives here, we don't have any close friends here, and I'd be relying on people that we don't know well. That's kind of a frightening concept, that we're isolated like that.

Anyway, fingers are crossed that nothing will happen, and my husband will be home in two more days. But it does make me think, and worry. Just one more thing to worry about, I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment