Pool Time

Pool Time

Thursday, August 26, 2010

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black

I'm starting to wonder if we've made some mistakes. As happy as I am that we moved from the South, and as happy as I am to be pregnant, financially this is turning into a disaster. My failure to find fulltime employment has put us in a serious hole, monetarily speaking. And now that the situation is getting pretty dire, I'm at the point in my pregnancy where no one in their right mind would hire me. I mean, who wants someone who can work for a maximum of two months. I'm two days away from 32 weeks pregnant, and there's simply no way to predict when I might deliver. So really, it's likely that 6 weeks of working is about as good as it's going to get. I'm still on the sub list for the local school districts, but subbing is unpredictable. I might get called for a job; I might not. I think I made a mistake in the schools I "re-upped" with for subbing. The district that called me most often last year I told that I would not be returning this fall because of the pregnancy. That was partly true, but mainly I told them this because the kids were HORRIBLE. I only subbed there a few times, despite the fact that they called me more often than anywhere else, because the kids were HORRIBLE. I didn't want to deal with that again. Now I'm starting to wish I had just sucked it up and told them I'd be back. I don't expect I'll be getting a lot of calls to sub just yet, since school just started this week. I haven't managed to get on the schedule to tutor either. So I'm pretty much f*cked. I feel like the biggest failure EVER. All I ever wanted to do was teach. Now I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get to teach my own classroom again. I just don't know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment