Pool Time

Pool Time

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Still cooking

Had my 36-week checkup yesterday, and things are still looking good. My blood pressure, which was high last week, was back down in the acceptable range yesterday, so my fears that the doctor might go ahead and schedule my delivery early due to preeclampsia are assuaged, at least this week. Still not dilating or anything, but the baby has dropped some, so there's a least a little progress towards the ultimate end. I am getting pretty ready to have this little man, though. This has been an extremely easy pregnancy, all things considered, but now that I'm in the last few weeks, I'm getting really tired and uncomfortable. I've gained a lot of weight (I was 242 yesterday, which is 17 lbs more than my highest weight ever), and it's making it hard to get around. My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt...you get the picture. I'm short-changing the poor dog on his walks because I just don't feel like walking that far. I go back to sleep in the mornings after walking the dog and having breakfast, and I can sleep anywhere from an extra hour to three extra hours. I have so much I need to be doing in the house to make sure everything is ready for the baby, but instead I stay on the couch all day and pretty much don't do anything. So I'm definitely ready to be done and have Brendan here so I can snuggle him and cuddle him. It's pretty exciting and pretty scary all at the same time. So stay tuned, because we've only got a few weeks left, one way or another...

No comments:

Post a Comment