Pool Time

Pool Time

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 160 - 6/9/09

Didn't weigh in today either. Retaining water because of the TOTM and out of my blood pressure medication, so I'm sure the weigh-in wouldn't be accurate. The good news was that yesterday I took my blood pressure after a whole weekend of not taking my medication, and it wasn't too bad. 127/86. To be really good, it should have been below 120 and 80, but still, it wasn't half bad. I really should go to the gym, but I'm a bit crampy and lacking the motivation. Maybe I'll go on a bike ride this afternoon.

I feel a little "caught in limbo", as it were, and it's contributing my lack of enthusiasm for the to-do list. You see, my husband has had five interviews with a company in another state, and we're waiting for any news about whether or not they're going to offer him a job, and what the salary might be if they do. We've lived in the south now for eleven years, and that's after we only really intended to live here for two or three years while my husband went to school. We never meant to stay here this long. The south has never really felt like home, but no real opportunities have really presented themselves, and we've been relatively pleased with our jobs, so we've just kind of stayed here. Anyway, recently my husband has grown unhappy with his job, and he started pursuing other employment. He's interviewed with several companies in several different states, but nothing has come of it. This one job, however, seems it would the likely to produce an offer. I mean, you wouldn't think they'd waste five whole interviews if they weren't interested in him. But it remains to be seen if they really will offer him and job, and if it will be the kind of salary we'll accept (needs to be at least the same as what he currently makes).

All the stuff on my to-do list either has to do with school next fall or with the maintenance of our house (rental). I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to do any work on either thing, since if we move it would all be moot anyway. So I'm just kind of sitting around the house, not doing anything. Not good. I just wish we'd hear something.

NOTE: Not too long after I posted, my husband forwarded an e-mail to me that had come from the company he interviewed with. Basically, it just said that the guy who is making the hiring decision is out of the office this week and next, and so won't make any decisions until he is back in the office. That means the earliest we'd hear anything would be next Friday. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment