Pool Time

Pool Time

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 174 - 6/23/09

Weigh-in: 199.2

Yeah, I know. At the beginning of the summer, I had such high hopes. I was going to work out a lot, watch what I ate, and enjoy some weight loss. Instead, I'm still sitting about the same place I've been for...I have no idea how long. Sad.

The first couple of weeks of the summer, I was doing pretty well. Then I let myself slack off for a variety of reasons, and I just haven't been able to get myself going again.

Part of it is my own usual slacker issues. This is certainly not a new problem. But it has been severely compounded by this state of limbo that we are in (see previous post). Since that post, where my husband had five interviews, there has been a sixth. And now, the company is flying him out to their corporate headquarters in North Dakota to spend the day interviewing face to face with...pretty much everybody, it sounds like. This is supposed to take place one week from today. So, while this certainly sounds like they are offering him the job, we have no details at all yet, and we're still in a state of limbo.

Needless to say, this makes it very difficult to convince myself to do any kind of school-related work whatsoever. But it also is making it hard for me to do anything else. Clean the house? Why, if we'll have to clean it again when we move everything? Rearrange the cabinets? Why, if we're just going to have to take everything out to pack? Go through the closets? Why, if we're just going to have to do it again when we pack up?

My husband makes a good point, that going through the stuff now might make it easier to pack it up when we need to. But it's not making it any easier to get myself going.

I was never very good at limbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment