Pool Time

Pool Time

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 181 - 6/30/09

*sigh* All I can report is that there is nothing to report. My husband flew to the corporate headquarters and spent today meeting with a number of people at the company. Although it sounds like it went well, all we know is that the company needs to consider their next step, and the head of the department will be out for the long holiday weekend, so we won't hear anything until next week. Again.

This is all just very frustrating. I am excited about the possibility of moving, but it's also very disconcerting for something this important to be so out of my control. Maybe if the knowledge that we were moving was all that was coming, it would be a little easier to wait. But the fact is, once we determine that we're moving, a whole list of things I have to do pops up. First of all, I will have to give notice at my school. I'll have to pack up everything in my classroom and say goodbye to my coworkers. Then there's the question of what I'll be doing wherever we end up living. Unless we were to make the decision that it's time to try and get pregnant (resulting in my staying home), I'll need to find a teaching job. That means applying for certification in whatever state we're in, and then applying for jobs. So once my husband's employment is decided, the rest of my world will be up in the air.

It's hard for me to accept that so much of my life is out of my control right now. I don't like being out of control.

Apparently, the limbo is just beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment