Pool Time

Pool Time

Monday, February 1, 2010

Do-Over Day 32 - 2/1/10

I didn't weigh-in this morning. Probably should have. I'll have to remember tomorrow morning.

One thing that is common when people get pregnant is heartburn. I don't look forward to that because I have it already. The disappointing thing is that to avoid heartburn they recommend the following: Avoid spicy, greasy and fatty foods, fried foods, alcohol, chocolate, peppermint, garlic and onion. I love spicy food. I love greasy fried stuff. Fat is a wonderful thing. I enjoy alcohol. I cannot live without chocolate. And garlic is my favorite food additive.

Crap. At least it's OK to take heartburn medication. Typically, things that are meant to stay in the stomach won't cross the placenta or travel through the umbilical cord. But they do say you should check with your doctor if you are taking medication, and I guess that counts. So if I do get around to getting pregnant, I'll have to be sure to mention it.

While I do want to get pregnant, I need to be careful. My husband's cousin is coming to visit during the first week of March, and we're supposed to teach her to snowboard. We've gone a couple times recently, trying to teach ourselves so we have something to show her, but snowboarding is really hard, and I have hit the ground many, many times, HARD. It's not a good thing to be smacking into the ground if I'm pregnant. And I know my husband's cousin would rather spend time on the slopes with both of us. So I need to pay close attention to my body, and watch for signs. It would be funny to get pregnant when I was kind of hoping not to. Kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment