Pool Time

Pool Time

Monday, January 25, 2010

Do-Over Day 25 - 1/25/2010

Today's Weigh-in: 207.0

I'm just not being very successful with my whole weight-loss thing here. I don't feel like I've been eating ridiculous amounts of food, and I've been working out (sporadically), but I'm just not seeing any results. I think this week is going to be all about salad. *sigh*

Anyway, I was a bit disappointed to have my period last week. Not that we are actively TRYING to get pregnant, mind you, and certainly not that we were expecting to be pregnant, but still. I felt oddly let down by my body. Of course, it was only the first month of no birth control after fifteen years of using it regularly, so it certainly was no surprise, but still.

Since I'm not working regularly, I have some time to hang out and do my pregnancy research. One thing that hadn't occurred to me at all (since I am not by nature highly motivated to clean things) was the possibility that my housekeeping might be somewhat altered by pregnancy. But I came across an article about cleaning during pregnancy, and there were definitely a few things in it to think about. I did know about some things, like avoiding kitty litter (we don't have a cat, although I really want one) and being careful about not straining back muscles and not tiring out.

One suggestion they had was to do a lot of cleaning with natural items like lemon juice and vinegar. While I have used baking soda in some home cleaning, I hadn't really thought about using anything else. We have gotten some of the Chlorox Green natural cleaners, but I don't know how healthy those might be, so I guess I need to do some more research. There are some linked articles about natural or "green" cleaning, so I will be checking those out.

No comments:

Post a Comment