Pool Time

Pool Time

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Do-Over Day 14 - 1/14/10

Today's Weigh-in: 207.0

Not great, but I know at least one reason that my weight might be up: I haven't taken my blood pressure medication in several days. I was sort of hoping my bp might be OK without it (and I'm out anyway), but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm waking up headachy, and when I take my pressure with my little portable cuff, it's right around 140/100, which is really bad. It should be 120/80. I went ahead and refilled the prescription (although I haven't picked it up yet). But I was really hoping I could go without it, since blood pressure meds aren't recommended for pregnant women. Not that I'm pregnant yet, but...still.

Anyway, on another topic, I visited WebMD about a recommended diet for pregnant women. They suggested all the expected stuff, like eating all the recommended items on the food pyramid, making sure you get all the right vitamins and folic acid, and stuff like that. But one thing that interested me was to consume at least 300 calories more than typical. Obviously, this is the "eating for two" concept. Which makes me wonder...since I tend to overeat anyway, would it be possible to LOSE weight at the beginning of a pregnancy? I mean, if I continued to eat what I normally consume (which is too much), would the calories going towards the baby's development thus take away from the calories going towards me? It certainly isn't a proven weight-loss strategy, but I wonder if it would happen.

Just one of the many things I wonder about...

No comments:

Post a Comment