Pool Time

Pool Time

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Slow Going

Today's weigh-in: 204.8

I'm only down three pounds since the beginning of the year.  I actually had a nasty plateau, where I was stuck between 207-208 for an entire week and then jumped back up to 209 for a week, and then suddenly lost 4 lbs in two days and eventually made it down to 204.  So I continue to lose, but it is slow going indeed.  While my husband is over 50 lbs down from his starting weight, he's lost more than twice what I have, and he doesn't seem to have the same struggle with plateauing that I do.

I think what this means for me is that I truly do need to pay close attention to how much I'm eating.  Also, I seem to do better when I don't eat dinner.  Which makes sense, I suppose, because it would suggest that I take in more calories when I eat dinner.  What seems to work best for me is to have a couple cups of coffee in the morning, a small lunch, a snack in mid afternoon, and a snack when I get home from work.  That, of course, is difficult if I'm making a full meal for everyone else.  I guess I can make dinner and just not really eat any of it.

I also really need to start working out.  I haven't done anything yet, and I suspect that it will help my weight loss as long as I don't start adding too much muscle.  I do need to tone my arms, because they are distressingly flabby.  Gross.

Anyway, my next milestone is to be below 200.  I'd love for it to happen before the beginning of February, but I'm not holding my breath.

I have another goal as well.  I would like to get the house cleaned up and more organized.  I've done a little bit so far; I sorted through a bit of the boys' clothes and tossed some of the stuff that's too old/small, and I went through a couple of my dresser drawers and did the same.  Sadly, it meant that I had to say goodbye to a few shirts that I've had for a really long time, including a few St. Agnes shirts.  I just need to remember that some of the smaller shirts that I have might start fitting again, and that the bigger stuff can go.  If I were craftsy, I'd try to make my SAA shirts into a t-shirt quilt, but I don't have the ability to do it myself, and I'm not willing to spend money to have someone else do it.

I need to go through the rest of my dresser drawers and get that cleaned out.  Then I should tackle my closet.  The shoes have mostly been sorted already.  I want to get the closet more usable, since it's so crowded.  I need to figure out some kind of trays or baskets that I can use to organize under the bathroom sinks and on the over-the-toilet shelves.  And of course the boys have a ton of toys that need to be sorted and tossed.  I also have thousands of Magic cards that need to be sorted, alphabetized, and filed away.  Maybe I can skip a day of school to work on that.

So it's a lot, but it has to be done at some point.  It's all part of pretending to be a grown-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment