Pool Time

Pool Time

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 22, I'm such a slacker

Wow, I haven't posted since the beginning of January. I am such a loser.

First of all: 222.4

This is the first time I've weighed more than 220 since I bottomed out on my weight. I don't know if this means I'm actually finally gaining weight, or if it's just because I had a big dinner last night. Guess we'll see.

Brendan is a wild man for sure. He had his 15-month check up at the end of January, and he weighed 23 lbs 6 oz and was 32 inches tall. He's still long and skinny, 50th percentile for weight and 75th for height. Hopefully he'll continue to grow. Some days he eats really well, and some days not so much. But I'm realizing that he needs to be eating more than just baby food. Really need to make the transition between baby food and more solid foods. Also need to get better about giving him a chance to feed himself with a spoon. He doesn't do very well right now, but he'll never get better if he doesn't try. He did hit an unwelcome milestone the other day: his first real injury. He was looking out of the back window of the living room while standing on a toy. The toy went out from under his feet, and he went forward and hit his lower lip on the window sill. His little teeth in there are sharp, and one of them cut the inside of his lip. He started crying, which I expected, but when he turned around to reach for me I realized he had blood running out of his mouth and dripping down onto his shirt. As all head/face injuries, it bled a lot for being pretty small. I grabbed a washcloth out of the clean laundry and jammed it onto his lip, trying to stop the bleeding. It stopped in just a few minutes, but it sure bled enough to make me more upset than he was. He calmed down pretty quickly, and it doesn't seem like it has really bothered him at all since then. I'm just glad I didn't get woozy or pass out; the blood of my loved ones has that notorious effect on me.

He also seems to be leaning towards the dubious milestone of napping only once per day. Usually on weekends he only naps once each day, but it's because we let him sleep in as late as he wants. But now on weekdays, even though he gets up at 6:30 each morning, he has been really resisting the afternoon nap. It has made him a super grump in the evenings this past week, but I guess this change is inevitable as he grows up. It just means I need to take full advantage of the times when he does nap.

As for me, not much has really changed. I'm still not eating a whole lot, although I do find I've been eating a lot more sweets lately, candy bars and ice cream. I need to make sure I get enough vegetables in there, and grains. I have noticed that the fetal movement has become a lot more noticeable, which is always a good thing. I've got a checkup and another ultrasound scheduled for this Thursday, so hopefully we'll have a better idea of how everything is going after that. Also, I hope we'll have a gender!

No comments:

Post a Comment