Pool Time

Pool Time

Monday, November 21, 2011

There's always a first

Well, had our first unscheduled visit to the doctor for the boy today. Made it almost 13 months with no health issues, so this was the first thing to crop up. Brendan has had pretty loose, yucky stools for about a week now. At first I thought it might be related to something he ate, and then I wondered if it was because of teething (he's got a bicuspid that just broke through on one side, and he's been fussing with that side of his head the past few days). I also wondered if it might be a virus. Well, this afternoon the sitter called me and informed me that Brendan had a rash all over. I had noticed this morning when getting him dressed that it looked like he had a rash on his head under his hair, but I chalked it up to being dry (the winter curse) and didn't think anything else about it. But when I got home and picked him up, she showed me the rash. It was all over his head including the temples, down his neck, all down his back and his chest and tummy. Nothing really on his arms or legs. I've wondered a few times if he was running a bit of a fever--he seemed a little warm on a couple of nights--but not anything serious. Well, I took him to the doctor this afternoon, and she concluded it is probably a virus. I wonder if it's roseola, which is a fairly minor virus. Anyway, hopefully it won't be around much longer. The doctor said that if it doesn't go away in about 48 hours, we need to bring him back in (which would naturally be around Thanksgiving; yay!). He's a little whiny and crabby, but the rash doesn't seem to itch or bother him. The doctor said he'd be fine to go back to the sitter tomorrow, that he shouldn't be contagious. I just feel sorry for the little guy. I certainly don't want him to not feel good. Poor baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment