Pool Time

Pool Time

Monday, June 22, 2015

My first "real" day of summer break

School has actually been out since June 5, but with company in town for my younger son's birthday and then a 10-day trip to visit family and friends in the south, today, Monday, June 22, is really my first actual day of summer.  Today is the day we try to establish our summer routine.  It shouldn't be too bad; the sitter is taking the boys Tuesdays through Thursdays, so I'm only solo on Mondays and Fridays.  But the boys are definitely testing my patience.  It's only 1:30 in the afternoon and I'm already completely done for the day. 

I did get up at 6:00 this morning even though it's summer break, so that I could get a walk in before the boys got up.  My weight was 231.6 this morning; not bad, considering how much unhealthy food we've eaten in the past two weeks: fast food, snacks in the car, and lots of southern barbecue and other yummies.  I started out easy.  I only walked about 25 minutes and did about 1 1/2 miles.  I'll add a little each day.  I would also like to hit the gym a few days a week.

Anyway, I've got lots of plans for the summer, most of which probably won't ever get started, let alone finished, but at least I've got a few goals.  For now, I've got to get some reading done; I'm attending an AP training workshop next week and I have three novels and four short stories to finish by Sunday.  Right now, I've only read 1 2/3 of the novels... O.o

No comments:

Post a Comment