Pool Time

Pool Time

Friday, August 3, 2012

8 weeks old/Day One, almost

Can't believe that Ian is 8 weeks old today.  Amazing.  I can't believe we're all still alive, more specifically.  Pretty darned tired.

Didn't weigh myself this morning.  Tried working out for the first time.  Despite the fact that I 1) have no intention of running a 5K any time soon and 2) despise running with all my heart, I decided to download the Couch-to-5K app for my phone and use it to start working out for the next few weeks.  The workouts are 20 to 30 minutes, and the first one was just a 5 minute brisk walk for warm up, and then intervals of 1 minute of jogging and 90 seconds of walking.  Not sure if there was a cool down--I would assume there was--because I didn't make it that far.  How freaking sad is that?  Oh, sure, I could blame it on the fact that we have company here and I had told them I was only going over to the sitter's house to pay her for the week, and I was pushing Brendan in the jogging stroller, and   made it around our neighborhood faster than I thought I would, and when I rounded the corner I saw that my husband was already home.  But I'll just go ahead and admit that I don't know if I could have finished the last half of the workout anyway.  I stopped the second to the last jogging interval I did a few seconds early, and probably would have done the same thing again.  How pathetic is it that I can't even finish the "first day off the couch" workout?  Pretty sad indeed.  And then, to add insult to injury, it wouldn't let me log the workout.  I clicked "quit" because I figured it was more honest than fast-forwarding through the rest of the workout.  It did warn me that I was quitting without finishing (thanks a lot, Captain Obvious), but it didn't say anything about not letting me record at least the part of the workout that I did do.  And I wasn't even able to map the workout because my GPS wasn't working on my phone.  Lame.  So I'm pretty sure that even if I did have designs on competing in a 5K, I wouldn't be able to do it on their schedule.  I suck.  Well, even if I couldn't record the workout officially, I can at least say that yes, I did work out today.  Kind of.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment