Pool Time

Pool Time

Friday, February 11, 2011

Born to be riled

Well, we did three night of one-arm-swaddled, and then went ahead and left both arms unswaddled the last two nights. It does pose some challenges, since the boy likes to "flap", which wakes him up if he's starting to doze. It seems to help if I hold his arms still for a minute or two when I put him down; I guess it lets him get settled. He's less grumpy when he wakes up, at least, I guess since he's not having to fight the swaddle. I can hear him gurgling and cooing, and whining a little but not out and out crying like he has in the past. The biggest downside to being unswaddled seems to be that his little hands get cold, since they aren't all wrapped up. I tried putting baby socks on his hands, but he doesn't seem to like that, and he can get them off pretty easily. Last night instead of the HaloSack swaddle I put him in a Carter's bag sleeper made of fleece. I thought it might keep him a little warmer than the HaloSack, which is sleeveless and cotton. His room gets really cool at night; we set the temp in the house at 63, and I think it's probably more like 61 in his room. I should put a thermometer in there to satisfy my curiosity.

My next goal is to get him on an actual schedule during the day. Some days he naps, some days he doesn't. Sometimes it's a 15-minute nap, sometimes it's a three-hour tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment