Pool Time

Pool Time

Monday, July 12, 2010

Boy, won't this be fun!

Well, I had my ultrasound a couple weeks ago, and we found out we're having a boy! I know there's always a possibility the ultrasound tech got it wrong, but based on the picture she showed us, she's got good reason to think it's a boy (there's a pretty obvious pee-pee in the picture). As far as names go, we're still leaning towards Brendan James, which we had nailed down early. Girls' names are so much more challenging! Guess it's good we're having a boy!

Anyway, I scored big at my sister-in-law's house a few weeks ago. She was ready to unload a bunch of baby stuff she'd been holding for quite some time (my nieces are 7 and 9, and the youngest kid in the rest of the family is at least 3). She gave us a crib, a bassinet, a stroller, three car seats, a breast pump, a highchair/swing, and tons of toys, baby clothes, and assorted linens and things. Hopefully this will save us quite a bit of money in the long run.

I filled out a baby registry at Babies R Us the other day, and I had to put out a plea to my friends on Facebook who are parents, to see what I had missed. It was so overwhelming! I had no idea what to put on the list. I still have to go through a couple of boxes that my sister-in-law had given me, to see what I have vs. what I still need. But we're starting to prepare ourselves. We assembled the crib last night and got it set up in the bedroom we'll use for the baby.

So we're on our way! I'm 25 weeks pregnant right now, so I've got 15 weeks (or less) left. I'm still feeling really good, although I'm uncomfortable at night (I can only sleep on my sides, and my hips and shoulders hurt when I lay on them too long), and I'm getting bigger every day. Yowza!

No comments:

Post a Comment